In this episode of the Sports Entrepreneur, Casey discusses parenting and coaching tips with Janis Meredith. Janis is a family coach who focuses on helping parents (and especially sports parents) raise children who are champions in life and in the game. She provides personal coaching, has written 8 books, and is passionate about helping families thrive.
- As a sports parent, remember what it’s all about – your kids, learning and growing, and who they become in the process. It’s not about your ego as a parent. It’s a long-term goal, not a short-term one.
- Once they get to a certain age, let your child speak for themselves and fight their own battles. It prepares them better for the future, in sports and in life.
- It’s ok to ask for help – it’s not an indication of how you are as a parent – so let the ego go. It indicates you want to get better at what you do.
- In coaches, look for people who inspire the kids to be better humans and help them to become better leaders – not just better athletes.
- We all have things to give. There is nothing in your life that needs to be wasted.
Resources and links discussed
- Learn more about Janis at jbmthinks.com
- Follow Janis on Facebook – Parents Raising Champions
- Follow Casey on Twitter – @caseywrightnz
- Follow The Sports Entrepreneur on Twitter – @TSE_podcast
- Learn more about The Sports Entrepreneur at www.thesportsentrepreneur.com
Learn more about NinjaZone at www.theninjazone.com